Sunday, February 27, 2011

My Blog Challenge

Here at the college we have something called a Wellness Committee. Each month the Wellness Committee sponsors a Wellness Challenge where teams compete to win prizes for successful completion of said challenges.


I have yet to win. However, I am determined to complete March’s challenge…which is to eat 5 servings of fruits and vegetables a day for the entire month. I really think I can do it, and it sure would be nice to win for once.


However, to give myself further incentive I am passing along this challenge to you, my blog audience. Here’s how it works. Sign-up by March 1st (just let me know if you want to give it a try) and on April 1st here’s what will happen:


If you kept the challenge, and I also kept the challenge, I will send you a prize!

If you kept the challenge, but I did not, I will send you an even better prize!!

If you failed to keep the challenge, and I kept the challenge, you get to send me a prize (optional).

If you and I both failed to keep the challenge no one gets any prizes and we can both hang our heads in shame.


Now doesn’t that sound like fun!

(Not the hanging our heads in shame part, but the getting prizes part.)


“Wanna know what you’re playing for?”


I’ve no idea.


Prizes will be determined by who I’m sending them to and how enthusiastically they participated in my first ever BLOG CHALLENGE.


So, let me know if you want to play and then take a trip to your local grocery store to stock up on some sweat and healthy produce. Bon appetit!

Note: Here are the serving sizes for fruits and vegetables that I will accept:

Fruits – One Serving Equals…

· one banana , apple, peach, pear, orange or other similar sized fruit

· six strawberries

· two plums

· fifteen grapes

· 1/2 cup of chopped, cooked, or canned fruit

· 1⁄2 a grapefruit or avocado

· one large slice of melon or fresh pineapple

· one heaped tablespoons of raisins

· 5 dried apricots

· 7 large black olives (warning – black olives are high in sodium)

· 1/2 cup of orange or other 100% fruit juice (unsweetened)

Vegetables– One Serving Equals…

· five broccoli florets

· ten baby carrots

· one roma tomato

· 1/2 cup cooked vegetables or beans

· 1/2 cup tomato juice

· 1/2 lg. baked potato

· one ear of corn

· one heaped salad bowl of torn lettuce or raw spinach

· three cups popped popcorn

No comments:

Post a Comment