Thursday, August 11, 2011

Family Football




Last weekend we went up to the lake for my yearly Birthday Bash, and the traditional family football game. This year it was the old people (on the right) vs. Zack and his friends (on the left). We play a combination 2-hand touch (for the girls) /tackle (for the guys).


I played the first quarter, but then Danica subbed in for me, allowing me to capture this epic battle on tape.

Here are a few highlights.



Becca takes holding to a new level, giving Jeff lots of time to find an open man...to no avail.




Jeff's "gaping flesh wound" concerns his teammates.




Bryan to Ashley: "You caught the ball and it's good."




Zack bowls him over.




"Watch Sam!"




"Jeff! Jeff! Jeff! Jeff! Jeff!"




Pretty good for an old guy.



Jeff scores!

But is it enough...






Final score:

Young Ones: 11
Old Folks: 9

Rematch scheduled for next August.


Note: Mandie had some amazing catches and stellar spikes in the end zone, but alas, they were not captured on video. My deepest apologies. I'll try to have a more "fair and balanced" media collection next year.



BONUS VIDEO:
Danica Catches a "Blue Gill"

No comments:

Post a Comment