Saturday, July 21, 2012

Molly and Other Dollys



Last weekend Jeff's Grandma and I went to
 Mary Ann's Open House. 

Mary Ann collects dolls. 
And once every ten years or so
 she has an Open House
 so people can come and see them.

I wasn't going to go, but Grandma wanted to see it, 
so I said I would take her.


Wow!


After the third or fourth room full of dolls 
I had to go back out to the van and get my camera. 
Her collection is amazing.

Here.

Let me show you.

As soon as you enter Mary Ann's house you can't help
 but notice the very large and beautiful doll standing on her couch.

 It was a gift from her granddaughter, I believe.
 Mary Ann said she tried standing her other places,
 but she'd always slide down to the floor, so now she gets the couch.



These Elvis and Priscilla dolls were also given to Mary Ann.
 The person who had them didn't want them, so they gave them to Mary Ann.
I asked Mary Ann if she knew what they were worth and she didn't know.

 Nor did she seem to care.



Do you recognize this doll?

Yep.

It's Princess Diana, in her wedding dress.
This doll was also given to her from someone who didn't want it.

Or maybe, they gave it to her because they knew
 how much she would like having it.

Mary Ann has lots of friends.

She also has lots of Cabbage Patch dolls...

enough to fill a large crib.

 I'm not sure if those were given to her or not, 
but I know the crib was. 



Mary Ann has lots of cribs that
 people have given to her. 


 

And they're all filled with dolls.


dolls...


 and more dolls.

 

 Some were sleeping.

 

 Some were crying.

Some were just down-right adorable.

 


But some...

some were a little scary.


This one in particular was freeking me out!

 

 My favorites were the dolls from China.


So lovely.



This is one of Mary Ann's favorites.



She said when it arrived in the mail she thought
they had made a mistake and sent her a real baby.

That's Mary Ann, by the way.

She's a very nice lady.

After we had ooed and ahhhed over her
many dolls we stayed for some refreshments
 with a few friends who were also there.

As we visited over lemonade
 I mentioned that I have a doll. 
Her name is Molly. I got her
at the Thrift Store and keep her
 in my closet. 

"In your closet," my friend LaDonna exclaimed. 
"You need to get her out of there and put her somewhere
 where you can enjoy her."


So I did.
 

This is my dolly...


Molly.



And here's her new home.

You're welcome to come by and give her a
hug anytime you like.

She's great at giving hugs.






NOTE: Do you recognize Molly? She was Loonette the Clown's 
dolly on the show "The Big Comfy Couch." 
Here's a clip from one of her shows I thought you might enjoy.

Are you ready
Are you ready...
Are you ready to clown around,
with Loonette and Molly,
a clown and her dolly,
on the big comfy couch!

1 comment:

  1. very cute dolls and some look life like, cute video to!!!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete