Sunday, August 5, 2012

The Ring on my Right Hand

Yesterday we were at the wedding of our niece Beth and her husband Josh.  It was a lovely day for a wedding and we had a wonderful time celebrating their special day.

During the reception my daughter Mandie noticed the ring I was wearing on my right hand. She asked me about it, and, not knowing what to say, I told her it was private.

It’s not really private.  

I just was caught off guard and wasn’t ready to explain it right then.

But now I am.


I wear two rings. One on my left hand and one on my right.

The one on my left hand symbolizes the special relationship I have with my husband, Jeff. It’s a symbol of our love and faithfulness.

A few weeks ago I bought a simple silver ring for my right hand. I wanted it to symbolize the special relationship I have with my Lord and Savior.

A few days later I came upon this verse:

For I am the Lord your God
    who takes hold of your right hand
and says to you, Do not fear;

    I will help you.

Isaiah 41:13


Pretty cool, huh?

So the ring reminds me that God is with me, and that He loves me, and that He'll help me. 


It's not a valuable ring. But the meaning behind it is very precious to me...

Which reminds me...




The Hobbit - Part 1 hits theaters on December13th. 

If you've got an hour and 40 minutes to spare, here's a fun sneak peek!




No comments:

Post a Comment