Sunday, August 15, 2010

45 Reasons to Celebrate


In honor of my 45th birthday, I have written the following poem. I call it:

45 reasons to celebrate


daisies and roses

a colorful sky

piggy-bank noses

June and July

crackling campfires

strumming guitars

singing in choirs

Rice-Krispie Bars

a day at the lake

great-fitting jeans

angel food cake

wading in streams

a butterfly perching

a really good sale

internet searching

a new hiking trail

a well-tuned piano

containers with lids

a soaring soprano

calls from my kids

riddles and jokes

taking a walk

a day with my folks

a heart-to-heart talk

notebooks and pens

achieving your goals

laughing with friends

cinnamon rolls

candles and cocoa

a crisp autumn day

hymns sung with gusto

a moment to pray

cute sugar cookies

the sound of a bell

evergreen trees

a story to tell

a job I enjoy

each day a new start

a husband who loves me

Christ in my heart

No comments:

Post a Comment