Saturday, May 19, 2012

It Makes a Mama Proud

Probably by now you've all seen the video I posted with my youngest son, Zack, jammin' on the drums in "Sing, Sing, Sing." If you didn't, here's a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUgeKRSne7w&feature=youtu.be

I smile every time I watch it.

Since I am an equal-opportunity mom, here's a video of my youngest daughter, Danica, who is now a college Freshman...soon to be Sophomore, singing "Tell My Ma." She is the one in the upper left-hand corner.





Last Sunday was Mother's Day.

My husband has been known to say on special days like these, "Every day is Mother's Day at our house."

This year, I think I'd have to agree with him. When I look at how great ALL of my kids have turned out I just have to say a prayer of thanks. These are 4 amazing people.

My oldest daughter, Mandie (or Amanda as she's known professionally) is one of the most successful 24-year-olds you'll ever meet. And soon, she and her equally amazing husband, will be buying their first home.

JJ, my oldest son, has faced all sorts of challenges this year, but honestly, I've never been more proud of him. He's one of the coolest, nicest, smartest people I know. I'm so happy to be his mom.

Danica, seen in the above video acting like a ditsy girl, is quite the opposite. She's clear-headed, down to earth, fearless, and faithful in all she does. I couldn't even begin to list all of her interests and accomplishments. But believe me, they are many.

Zack, my baby, isn't a baby any more. He's matured this year in every way possible. Everyday I see new ways in which he displays his growing dedication, intelligence and kindness. He really makes a mama proud.

They all do.

And ironically, it also makes a mama humble.

When I think about all the years I've been a mom I realize, I've made a lot of mistakes. More mistakes than I care to admit! But God is merciful. He's been there for my kids when I was clueless, and pulled them through more scrapes than I'll ever know.

And so I thank the LORD for giving me Amanda, Jonathan, Danica and Zachary. I'm both proud, and humbled, to be their mama.




No comments:

Post a Comment