Thursday, May 10, 2012

What Going SCREEN-FREE Did For Me


First, I must apologize to all of you die-hard fans of my blog for not posting anything last week.



As a few of you know, I went SCREEN-FREE for 7 days (almost).
Why?
I don't know.

I thought it would be good for me.

And it was. It taught me one thing.



TV is over-rated.

 
Let me clarify.

 
TV is over-rated... by me!

I used to think TV was great. But after a week, doing without, I think my opinion has changed.



You see...while I was "doing without" TV (or Facebook) it didn't feel like I was lacking anything. Instead, my life felt fuller than ever. It was amazing how much I got done.

Or perhaps not so amazing when you calculate the time I ordinarily would have spent mindlessly glued to the set, but instead spent doing stuff...fun stuff, neat stuff, productive stuff, and even some stuff with the people in my life. Hello!
Is it too much to say going SCREEN-FREE set me FREE? I don't think so.

It wasn't easy though. (Because there's nothing easier to do than curl up in a Lazy-boy with a remote in your hand.) It took a little more discipline than I guess I have, because on Sunday night I decided to just say "good enough" and watch a few of my favorite shows. So I did. And it was sort of fun. The Amazing Race was pretty good, but the couple who we all knew would win, won. And Chopped All-Stars was pretty good too, but the guy I figured would win that one won that one too. Celebrity Apprentice was just okay. How many times can you listen to "celebrities" you've never heard of, say they're just "doing this for charity," and then swear and scream at one another? I turned that one off even before I saw who Trump fired this week. I decided I really didn't care. And so Sunday night I basically wasted 2 1/2 hours when I could have been doing fun, neat, productive stuff.

It's time to make a change.


Sorry TV & Facebook. You're okay, but I think we should spend a little more time apart.
 
I'm changing my status to screenfree & loving it!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment