Thursday, June 20, 2013

BWCA Adventure - More Pictures

My Favorite Portage

A few weeks ago I posted a blog
 about our trip to the Boundary Waters
 in early June. Since then my brother (and our guide) Tim, 
sent me some of his pictures, so I decided to do a follow-up blog
 with more pictures. (Remember, you can click
 on the pictures to see them bigger.)


Because both my brothers were going up to the BWCA the same week, Bruce (aka Pooch) had to go get this spare one from Wisconsin. It needed a bit of cleaning, but Tim's not afraid of a little hard work, as we soon found out.

Here's a picture I took of Danica and Sadie on the side of the freeway. Danica was in charge of keeping Sadie watered and fed, and out of the way. She seemed to enjoy it.


Sadie enjoyed the tow truck ride back to Pooch's.




One thing I left out of my first blog was that behind our campsite was a bay. I named it "Beaver Bay." It's not a very creative name, but very fitting, as the next few pictures will testify. And yes, that's Zack and JJ in the canoe.


Danica looking for Beavers.
There one!


This tent-like contraption is called the "Skeeter Defeater." It was a great place to take refuge from the mosquitoes and black flies. In this picture Danica and I are playing the dice game "Phase 10."I think she won.



At Drag Lake

Is fishing without a license illegal if you don't catch anything?

The loons are always great to see. Tim got a nice picture of one.
Danica and Sadie do what they can to stay warm and dry.


Tim's proudest accomplishment. The bears didn't stand a chance.


All of us came back heavier than we we left. But we're pretty sure the added weight was all muscle!

No comments:

Post a Comment