Monday, November 28, 2011

Deck the Halls



I'm a little late with my blog this week. I got lazy, celebrating Thanksgiving.
And then I got busy, decorating the house for Christmas.


I thought it might be fun to show you some of my favorite decorations.

This is my nativity.

I think I only paid $2 for it at the Thrift Store,
and I think it is the sweetest thing ever.



Here's my snowman shelf.

See the one in the back with a red pom pom on its hat?
It's actually a sock filled with rice. Mandie made it in grade school,
and I love it. I also love the green paper Christmas trees.
Mandie and JJ made those.
The funny looking snowman tree in the center was a thrift store find.
If you wind it up, it spins and plays "Let it Snow." Too cute!



Our angel tree topper has been around quite awhile.

I made her the first year we were married.
I had always figured I'd just use her until I could afford something nicer.
But then when I did finally replace her, Mandie complained
and said I should put the other one back.
Good thing I hadn't thrown her away.



These are my Christmas salt and pepper shakers.


Usually this shelf is full of my other salt and pepper shaker collection,
my animal salt and pepper shaker collection.
But at Christmastime I pack all those away and put out these.
I think my favorites are the S'more snowmen way down on the right.
I bought those for myself one year,
from a regular store, and they weren't even on sale!



Here's a fun one.

That's JJ back when he was a pre-schooler.
This spring he'll graduate from college. How time flies.

Speaking of which, I've gotta go make supper.

Happy decorating!


No comments:

Post a Comment